The Family & Community Resource Center, located at 530 Broadway, 3rd Floor, Lawrence, MA is operated by Family Services of the Merrimack Valley in collaboration with the Lawrence/Methuen Community Coalition, and in partnership with the Department of Children and Families and the Lawrence Juvenile Court.
All services are free and open to all families in Essex County. Services include:
- Assessment and family support planning.
- Evidence-based parent education curricula, including: the Parenting Journey, the Nurturing Program, Parenting Wisely and Mommy & Me.
- Peer-to-peer support groups for youth, grandparents raising grandchildren, and “Parents Helping Parents”.
- Life skills workshops for youth, parents and families, such as bullying prevention, financial literacy and behavior management
- Cultural, social, recreational, and community service activities, including holiday gatherings, bingo nights, and National Night Out.
- Information and referral services.
- English as a Second Language classes.
Help for Families with Adolescents
The Family & Community Resource Center provides specialized services for “Children Requiring Assistance” (CRA) and their families, or families with challenges consistent with the state’s definition of CRA: children up to age 18 who are runaways, chronically truant, refusing to obey reasonable rules in the home or at school, and/or who have been sexually exploited.
Youth and families with CRA-related issues will receive standardized intake, screening, assessment, support planning, as well as the host of on site services offered by the Family & Community Resource Center. Youth and families will also be connected to a large network of service providers affiliated with the Family & Community Resource Center.
Visit: 530 Broadway, 3rd Fl, Lawrence, MA
Email: Lisette Cid at LCid@FSMV.org
See the Family & Community Resource Center calendar of events on Facebook