The program will focus on youth from Lawrence specifically and only those involved with the Lawrence Juvenile Court. Youth can be identified by their Probation Officer, Clinician, Education Liaison, residential treatment program staff (vendor), etc., or can self-select themselves to be a participant in the mentoring program.
Mentors for this program do not need to have any specific professional experience. Rather, we are looking for responsible adults who, preferably, reflect the social and cultural background of the youth, and who are from and/or familiar with the city/community the youth come from.
Mentors must be:
- Minimum of 25 years of age
- Ability to commit 12 months
- Ability to meet with mentee four hours a month
- Agree to submit to all background checks and safety procedures
- Agree to participate in a training and ongoing support
Any mentor who meets the minimum qualifications, and who has the stability and success in job and life is welcome to apply!
To become involved:
Download an application form