PREP (Personal Responsibility Education Program) is a 10 week program for youth ages 12-19. The program interactively teaches abstinence and contraception for the prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). PREP also covers many adult preparation subjects including healthy relationships, adolescent development, financial literacy, educational and career success, and healthy life skills.
PREP graduates will have:
- Increased knowledge about prevention of HIV, STDs, and pregnancy
- Increased negotiation skills
- A lower incidence of HIV/STD risk-associated sexual behavior
- A stronger sense of pride and responsibility in making a difference in their lives
- An ability to maintain good emotional health
- An ability to manage conflict; Improved communication skills
- A sense of financial responsibility.
PREP provides: Transportation (if needed), snacks & drinks and a fun graduation event upon completion of the program.
Collaborators: PREP is currently provided on site at many local public and private schools, as well as youth development and recreation organizations. New collaborators are welcome!
Contact: Shirley Pimentel to find out about bringing PREP to your school or organization (SPimentel@fsmv.org or call 978-327-6645).