Big Friends Little Friends
Community-Based Mentoring Program
Big Friends Little Friends is a community-based mentoring program in which the Big and Little consistently meet 2-4 times a month for a minimum of one year. Matches are made with considerations to such things as geographic location, interests, and personalities. We create
- Traditional Matches: Matching an adult one-to-one with a child ages 6-14.
- Couples as Bigs: Spouses, friends, or co-workers are matched with a child.
- Family Matches: The entire family may be matched with a child and participate in activities together!
- Cross-Gender Matches: This is a program that matches female Big Friends with male Little Friends who are 12 years old or younger.
Big Friends are caring and responsible people who:
- Are from all different backgrounds, races and religions, and like to have fun.
- Are committed to being a consistent role-model; to their continued mentor training; and to sharing, listening and visiting with their Little Friend.
- Are able to relate positively and in a meaningful manner to a growing boy or girl.
Little Friends are boys and girls between the ages of 6 and 14 who:
- Reside in our service area.
- Have a desire to be in the program and want to have a Big Friend.
- Have the approval and support of their parents or guardians to participate in the program.
- Are from all different backgrounds, races and religions.
Our mentoring program service area includes children from the following communities:
Amesbury, Andover, Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Lawrence, Merrimac, Methuen, Newbury, Newburyport, North Andover, Rowley, Salisbury, and West Newbury. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a mentor, please contact Big Friends Little Friends at 978-327-6600!
Mentoring FAQ's, Application and Resources
Big Friend Little Friends is funded and supported by the following: